So it seems this place garnishes a lot of traffic on Sunday and from what I can see its people who are checking out what has gone on during the week. Of course with the college kids working their finals and such, it does not leave too much time to pony. I also feel some people are just checking in to see what has gone on during the week, so we’re going to dust off the old DHN Weekly Wrapup which more or less quickly covers anything semi-important or interesting.
- John de Lancie on the Pony Fanbase
- Michele Creber announced for Everfree NorthWest
- Pony Expert Panel at German Hacktivism Conference
- The Other Brony Documentary
- Pound Puppies Ad Featuring Pinkie Pie
- Cathy Weseluck announced for Everfree NorthWest
- Lauren Faust Interviewed by LA Weekly
- Andrea Libman Q&A on Bronycon Livestream
- Cathy Weseluck announced for Bronycon
- Lee Tockar announced for Everfree NorthWest
- VA Script Reading at The Silent Theater
- BronyCon: The Documentary
- Austrialia Toy Release Dates
- My Little Pony Project – The Weekend Event
- Seeds of Kindness: First Milestone Reached
- BUCK on ANI-Con Radio
- Equestria Inquirier #38
- Anthony Bourdain Eats Rainbow Dash
- William Anderson & Deviant Art’s Original Quotes Challenge
- SFWeekly Episode Reviews – Season 2: The Return of Harmony
- Bronyville Podcast 54 – Friendship Research for Science!
- Sunday Morning Comics #17
I wish I had more to say about these reviews besides, go read….but, go read.
Well like many good things, they have to come to an end. For Sherilyn Connelly she has come to the end of line for Season 1, though I’m sure Season 2 is going to be started rather quickly after this. We may also do our own Season 2 review, but that is still on our drawing table. I’ve copied Ms. Connelly final thoughts on the journey into the world of colorful equine entertain, and of course the task of reviewing the episodes.
So that was the first season of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. While it was curiosity which led me to the show in the first place, it’s the writing that keeps me hooked. The direction and animation by DHX Media is never less than gorgeous and imaginative, but I’m not an animation aficionado, and in 2012 just looking good isn’t enough. To use an obvious example, The Simpsons looks better than it ever has these days, but…yeah.
The voice acting on My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is stellar, particularly Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity and Tara Strong as Twilight Sparkle, but as the old theater saying goes, if it ain’t on the page, it ain’t on the stage — and what’s on the page is what gives the animation and actors so much to work with, and what makes the characters worth investing in.
If, in the meantime, you want to get caught up with the Season 1 but aren’t quite ready to make the time commitment — I get that, I’ve been feeling the same way about diving intoJustified — I humbly suggest this lineup for a long day’s marathon:
Episode 3: “The Ticket Master”
Episode 8: “Look Before You Sleep”
Episode 12: “Call of the Cutie”
Episode 14: “Suited for Success”
Episode 15: “Feeling Pinkie Keen”
Episode 16: “Sonic Rainboom”
Episode 18: “The Show Stoppers”
Episode 23: “The Cutie Mark Chronicles”
Episode 25: “Party of One”
Episode 26: “The Best Night Ever”
Thanks for reading. Hey, wanna meet back here for the next season? Let’s!
Next Time: Season 2 begins starts off with two-part bang as a trickster with a familiar voice takes over Ponyville in “The Return of Harmony, Parts 1&2.”
And if you are bored, here is the inventory of articles for her Season 1 review.
- Season 1 – Finale and Wrap Up – The Best Night Ever
- Season 1 – Episodes 24 & 25 – Owl’s Well That Ends Well
- Season 1 – Episode 23 – The Cutie Mark Chronicles
- Season 1 – Episodes 21 & 22 – Over a Barrel & A Bird in the Hoof
- Season 1 – Episodes 19 & 20 – A Dog and Pony Show & Green Isn’t Your Color
- Season 1 – Episodes 17 & 18 – Stare Master & The Show Stoppers
- Season 1 – Episodes 15 & 16 – Feeling Pinkie Keen & Sonic Rainboom
- Season 1 – Episodes 13 & 14 – Fall Weather Friends & Suited for Success
- Season 1 – Episodes 11 & 12 – Winter Wrap Up & Call of the Cutie
- Season 1 – Episodes 9 & 10 – Bridle Gossip & Swarm of the Century
- Season 1 – Episodes 07 & 08 – Dragonshy & Look Before You Sleep
- Season 1 – Episodes 05 & 06 – Griffon the Brush Off & Boast Busters
- Season 1 – Episodes 03 & 04 – The Ticket Master & Applebuck Season
- Season 1 – Episodes 01 & 02 – Friendship is Magic (1 & 2)
Well Season 2 may be over, but there are still a few groups trudging their way through episode reviews, namely Bronycomm and SFWeekly. So if you’ve been following them, here are the latest releases.
- s2e17 Hearts & Hooves Day
- s2e16 Read It & Weep
- s2e15 The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy
- s2e14 The Last Roundup
A couple of season finale reviews have cropped up in the past 24 hours—all these guys who got that fancy press package that some people have drooled over.
Our first review comes from David Hinckley of the NY Daily News, who gave the episodes in general a 3 out of 5. He is pretty positive about it, and explains of course the unusual crowd of adult fans behind it. All in all, he says it’s good. You can read that article here.
Then we have Maxie Zeus from Toonzone. This review I’d call 50/50, as it’s not overly positive nor negative (in my opinion). The article starts off more or less stating that the reviewer knows very little about MLP. It makes no mention about the community behind it. They call the script generic, but most of us know that tends to be the case sometimes, claiming that the script could be used for any cartoon. Either way, you can read this article over here on Toonzone. (Ironic, a site called Toonzone knows nothing about a cartoon…)
[Sources: NYDaily: The Round Stable | Toonzone: RGB]
|Bronyville 049 – Friendship Background Pony
Dear Princess Celestia,
|Download – Original Article – Show Notes|
EverFree Radio released their review of MMMystery on the Friendship Express full of reference analyses and Twilight Sparkle in a hat. Also released is a review of the fanfic A Game of Twits by Cassius, featuring guest reviewer Andrew J Talon, author of Progress.
Listen in and stay tuned, because EverFree Radio has a lot of awesome things lined up for you all in the coming months. Things that will blow your minds. Many of them coming from their programs. So keep a watchful eye on their Programming page!
Radiant Eclipse is an in-depth, segment-based talkshow produced by the creators of Equestrian Tides exclusively for EverFree Radio! Tune in every Sunday for the show, and visit the program page and their blog for more information on the awesome people who run it!
Every Sunday @ 14:00 CDT
PREMIERE: Equestria Inquirer Today!
Equestria Inquirer is a news program that will bring the hard-hitting stories, from the revelations of Twilight’s anti-union magic policies to the continuing conflict of Rainbow Dash’s declaration as a Weapon of Mass Destruction and her defiance of the Equestrian Armed Forces. Their new videos will premiere weekly on EFR’s livestream (while chatting live on the IRC!), and they will release the videos on Youtube and newspaper articles on their DeviantArt afterwards!
Visit their program page for more information!
Every Wednesday @ 19:00 CDT
|Season 1 Reviews|
|My Little Pony: FiM S1 Reviews by Sherilyn Connelly|