Discovery Family will resume showing new (to those who have managed to avoid spoilers) Season Seven episodes starting on Saturday, August 5th. That day will see both “Discordant Harmony” and “The Perfect Pear” air starting at 11:30am ET/10:30am CT. Other episodes airing in August are “Fame and Misfortune”, “Triple Threat”, and “Campfire Tales”. Synopses below:
- Discordant Harmony premieres Saturday, August 5 at 11:30a/10:30c
- When Discord invites Fluttershy to his realm for tea, he worries she won’t be comfortable and begins to change it and himself with disastrous results.
- The Perfect Pear premieres Saturday, August 5 at 12/11c
- The Apple Siblings learn about their parent’s love story and discover that they’re half Pear. Guest stars William Shatner and Felicia Day.
- Fame and Misfortune premieres Saturday, August 12 at 11:30a/10:30c
- Twilight Sparkle’s publishing of the friendship journal has unintended consequences when ponies start to argue over who wrote the best lessons.
- Triple Threat premieres Saturday, August 19 at 11:30a/10:30c
- Spike accidentally invites Ember and Thorax to Ponyville on the same day! Confident that the two new leaders will not get along, he does all he can to keep them apart and cover the fact that the other is there.
- Campfire Tales premieres Saturday, August 26 at 11:30a/10:30c
- When their big sister/little sister camping trip is ruined by Fly-ders, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash tell Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo the stories of their favorite legends. Inspired by the tales, the girls make the most out of their new situation.
Of course, both “Discordant Harmony” and “The Perfect Pear”—which features William Shatner and Felicia Day—were aired in Australia in June on Boomerang. It is the policy to not release reviews of these episodes until their airings in the United States.
With BronyCon the next weekend, that means that “Fame and Misfortune” will air that weekend. It is unknown at this time as to whether there will be an official screening which would be a first for the Baltimore-based convention.
If the season continues to air weekly, and the finale is a two-parter, the projected finale date at this point would be October 28th (three weeks after the movie opens). It has already been revealed that a sneak peek of Season Eight will be unveiled at Hascon on September 9th at noon at the Rhode Island Convention Center (Room 551 A/B) in Providence.
Of course, this weekend sees the My Little Pony panel this Friday at San Diego Comic Con with presumably both a preview of the Movie and the remainder of Season Seven.
The Annecy International Animated Film Festival is an annual event held in Annecy, France since the 1960 and features a showcase of animated features, from shorts to full length features. Genndy Tartakovsky, creator of Samurai Jack and Dexter’s Lab gave the world a first look via a few still images of the upcoming continuation of Samurai Jack. The original series began in August of 2001 and concluded in September 2004 after 52 episodes. It was announced last December that the series would be making its way back to television, not as a reboot like so many other series, but as a continuation headed by Tartakovsky.
While there isn’t a ton of details revealed from the Annecy festival, reports from various social media outlets say that it was revealed that the series would be 10 half hour episodes that together would form a 5 hour movie. It was also said that the story would pick up roughly 50 years after the last episode.
While a definite date has not been established, Tartakovsky said that the series would be coming to Adult Swim’s Toonami “soon”.
If our three readers haven’t figured it out, we do plan on covering the show here on Derpy News. For the past several months one of the blank show icons in our menu has had the very vague outline of Aku’s head (minus his actual head) embedded in it. At some point we are hoping to review / revisit the original series. So stay tuned.
Ponies are in the stable until fall. Pet shop has closed up for good. Wander prepares to wander into oblivion. And while Steven U chugs along, its airing schedule is quite random. One ray of hope shines through the morning haze of the summer season, Star vs. The Forces of Evil.
Season 2 begins July 11th and we’ve got the names of the first six episodes, as the show will continue much like Wander (and Season 1) on the 22 minute double episode time slot.
- (201) My New World
- (202) Ludo in the Wild
- (203) Mr. Candle Cares
- (204) Red Belt
- (205) Star on Wheels
- (206) Fetch
iTunes episode finally had problems again, with S4E24 this time, the video is affected and is cropped about 20 pixels, instead of 1280×720 and 1920×1080, this episode has a resolution of 1260×720 and 1900×1080.
We encourage you to not get this episode as long as it’s not fixed. If you already has bought a copy of the episode, we invite you to contact Apple support about it
Public Service Announcement: the episode Pinkie Pride is evidently already up for sale on Google Play. Click here if you want to spoil yourself.
The Hub Network announced Monday that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic won Best “Kid” Animated Series of 2013, and to go along with celebrations will be wiping the broadcasting schedule for Wednesday clean, and replacing it with 13 hours of ponies.
If anyone comes across what episodes they will be playing tomorrow, please send it in to us. Currently my DirecTV listing has the usual daily lineup.
[ Source: Tweets 1 & 2]